Going Back to the Street.. Or At Least Under It.

 Growing up in the 70s and 80s I've developed a hatred of the 21st century idea of what a city should be. No longer a place for all walks of life, 24 hour diners, and an unexpected existence, the city has become too curratted, too planned, too homogenized, too repetitive, too suburban. These very things have driven me from street photography. Being a retrograde I try to search out people, places and things that stand still in time and that remind me when the city was a true city. Every once in a while I feel the need to get back on the street... or under it, and try to find little things or moments of time that reminds of those more interesting times. Bouncing back a forth between Philadelphia and New York City it's become more difficult each passing day to find those moments. Right now I'm feeling that itch again and this Spring and Summer I might get back out there and see what I can find. Maybe even in color.

Comments

Popular Posts