Breaking Point

 Today has been full of anxiety, depression and isolation. It's been nine years since I began my three year Philadelphia Project and I have a necessity to continue in that manner. I know the fight to wade through the sea of boringness that is todays city will be a tough one and being removed from it's center will make it even more so. Last week I turned 50 and I'm beginning to feel time is running out to express myself through photography. I've caught myself several times trying to tone down my gritty high contrast photos for the masses but each time I was able to stop myself. I've reached the point where I truly don't care what the art world thinks of me and my manifesto. The biggest obstacle right now is trying to survive as an artist and finding a way to photograph a city and it's people who have become sterilized without being disingenuous.

Comments

Popular Posts