I Can Dream, Can't I

  I use to think about creating a gathering spot for artists to get together and talk about art and about the art life. Several years ago when I was still drinking I thought about places like the Kodoji Bar in Tokyo that catered to photographers or the famed Cedar Tavern in New York City during the 50s. Then it switched to more of a cafe/coffee shop type of establishment  because not only myself but most of the artist I knew gave up alcohol mostly because of health problems. Today more than ever I want one of these places where we could hang out until at least midnight and separate ourselves from the growing army of people with laptops and phones who have taken over just about every coffee shop in America. Maybe a place with some space to paint or print photos, no wifi, a non sterile beige environment. I can dream, can't I.

Comments

Popular Posts