Manifesto

 15 years ago I began thinking about photography as a form of art but since endless copies can be made I couldn't put it in the same category as painting. Back then I wanted to produce a body of work on film and then offer only a single print of each photo, attach the negative on the back and include a certificate of authenticity. I eventually moved on to other projects but started to think about it again in 2017. I sorted through some of my recent photos and choose 40 photos for my Manifesto Single Print project. I settled on a print size and designed a certificate of authenticity. The goal here was to offer collectors a chance to own a one of a kind print. There are of course many photographers who edition prints but I couldn't find one that limited to a single print. Even though I've only sold one so far I haven't become discouraged

http://michaelpennphotography.com/manifesto.html


Comments

Popular Posts