Observations

 I've only been on Flickr for a couple of days and I've made some observations. First, I'm not seeing the big return to the platform as stated in the half dozen articles I've read. Were those articles just hype with the hope it would catch on or am I just not seeing it? Second, I know it's been a decade since I've been on Flickr but I remember a lot more in the way of comments, now the hit and run practice of clicking the like button and quickly moving on rules the roost much like on Instagram. Third, Groups were the best way to have you photos seen by the masses outside of Explorer but all most all of the groups have been abandoned. Ok, now for a few positives. The first thing you notice is how great the photos look without Instagram's image compression . Also the ability to have organized albums is great. On Instagram rarely does anyone go back more than a few photos into someones feed but on Flickr they will look at a whole reasonably sized album. This has been an interesting experiment so far and only time will tell if I stick with it, and there are those who predict I'll go back to Instagram, I say don't hold your breath.


Comments

Popular Posts