To Unthink

     Anytime you want to change your method and style of photography your brain will begin to push back to what you're comfortable with. It's just human nature and it gets worse the older you are. It's never easy in the beginning but once you rid yourself of doubt things become a little more natural. You have to unthink, unremember, unlearn, and proceed like photography is completely new to you. These are all things I've told myself repeatedly over the last 96 hours. I have to forget about all my past projects, future projects that I'll never get to work on, and my style of black and white photography that I've used since I was around 12 years old. I have to convince myself that I just picked up a camera for the first time and use it for its most basic purpose of the snapshot which is basically photography without much of a purpose. It's not for self promotion, branding, influencing, keeping up with the Jones, or self esteem. Maybe I should have just said everything that Instagram now stands for.


Comments

Popular Posts