Fuck Social Media

   The biggest destructive force on society today is social media. I also believe that it’s equally destructive to art, artists and the art world. The one entity it might help is the art market but they have no soul anyway. Being a non smartphone human I observe artists who spend entirely too much time trying to conjure up followers, likes while thinking they can outsmart the algorithm. I’ve watch these same artists demeanor change because they’re not getting the responses they think they deserve. I can go on for days about this cluster fuck addiction but I’ll leave it at this, if you’re an artist think of a more creative and open way to get your art seen where you have control and not stuck in the Matrix. And watch this Netflix documentary where the people who helped create this quagmire explain that you should be very scared.

https://youtu.be/7mqR_e2seeM



Comments

Popular Posts