Nothing is certain except death, taxes and failing technology

  Today my 10 year old Mac Mini died. I hate spending money that I don’t have on technology that has a shrinking lifespan. I hate spending days reloading software and thousands of photos while in the end something is always lost. I hate all the little extras such as wire adapters because they always feel a need to change connectors. And I really hate that this is money that could be spent on paper, ink, mats, frames and all the other things a photographer needs to get their work out there. The icing on the cake is that Apple is saying that shipping on some of their computers could take three weeks. That means no printing and photos piled up on memory cards with no place to download and edit. Right now a darkroom for black and white, and Kodachrome for color sounds like heaven.



Comments

Popular Posts