What's In Front Of Me

   In the morning when I'm riding on the Regional Rail into center city I'm often alone on the train. I'm not saying I'm the only passenger because there is often 30 to 50 people in my car. What I'm saying is that out of all those people I'm often the ONLY person who isn't looking at their phone. What's more ironic is these izombies usually gravitate towards the best seats on the train with windows and I often ask myself why. As the sole person with their head up I watch the masses barely looking up from their phone for the entire 35 minute trip. The trip is eerily silent except for the odd person playing video with their sound up and if not for the sound of the train I'm convinced all I would hear is the blinking of eyes, if these humans blink at all. I occupy myself as I've done my whole life. I observe others, study environment and gaze out the train's windows looking to see the subtle differences from day to day.

 When reaching center city I transfer to the subway where some of these izombies follow only to sit as fast as possible so they can get back to their screen. To make matters more frustrating these people take their distracted time moving on and off the trains because of their refusal to glance away from the screen even for a minutes. One train conductor told me trains are taking 5 to 10 minutes longer because of this. 

Photos taken out train windows with the Sony DSC W100 camera














Comments

Popular Posts