Subterranean

  I'm only a couple photos away from finishing my Subway Nobody project or at least slowing down where it's no long a necessity. I've edited close to 1000 photos down to almost 150 that I think clearly describes Philadelphia's under ground subway concourse, stations and trains void of people. 

  Crime on the subway has greatly increased with people being attacked, robbed, raped, stabbed, shot and shoved onto the tracks on a daily basis. While graffiti has been greatly eradicated, needles from junkies litter the stations along with violent written messages of guns and killing. As soon as they're scrubbed new ones appear like the one I photographed in Philadelphia's most under used subway station that sits below the Fairmount station of the Broad Street Line. It's so under used that I have never seen another person in this isolated Broad Ridge Spur station where a train passes thru every 30 minutes and is closed on the weekends.


Broad Ridge Spur Fairmount Station Video 












Comments

Popular Posts