Manic Sunday - The Art Life

 


 Soon I'm going to get my hands on a Fujifilm Instax Wide camera. As it might take me a little while to decide how I want to use it beside to make one off photos a thought came to me about using vending machines. A snack vending machine could be used to distribute my one of a kind instant photos. I like this idea a lot but it's just another that would require an artist grant so I'm not holding my breath. I've contacted Fuji about sponsoring this but after a year without a response I'm thinking they're not interested. The one thing I haven't given that much thought is locations for the machines. I don't think the Philadelphia Museum Of Art would be interested but maybe the 30th Street Station, maybe one in my neighborhood...somewhere.

                                Instax Wide photo by Abigail C. (since I don't have my own to post yet)




In my almost 4 years of living in Chestnut Hill I realized that Summer was just around the corner when the Mr Softee truck begins patrolling the streets. In my quarter of a century of living in Old City I think I remember seeing one maybe 8 to 10 times. Just seeing one makes me feel like a kid again and I'll be chasing him around with my camera all summer long.


It's been 12 days since I've been in the "city" and all of a sudden I don't miss the subway except to go to the diner. I've been slowly finishing all my urban projects and have eliminated other ideas because I no longer find them necessary. Maybe being home sick for the last week has given me the push I needed to really move on.





Being trapped in the house has me thinking of ways to keep working. I’ve given up on that blank canvas for now and I came real close to busting it up in pieces so I wouldn’t have to look at it any more. What did come to mind is when in the late 50s to early 60s Eugene Smith locked himself away in his 6th ave loft in New York and took photos out his window. What a great idea if you have a changing scenery out your window, and no it doesn’t have to be in a city to make it interesting. Unfortunately nothing changes out my window so I’ll keep thinking.














Comments

Popular Posts