Sleepwalking

  Last night for the first time in almost a year I resumed work on my Sleepwalking portfolio. My biggest fear was not the crime which has plagued Philadelphia, it was the ridiculously bright LED streetlights that were installed over the Summer. Well I quickly found out my fear was warranted. The amount of light outputted from these new fixtures is 3 to 5 times more bright with a blue cast on some of the streets. As Fall and Winter approach it's only going to get worse when all the leaves are off the trees. As a result I tried to stay on the small side streets where they haven't gotten around to changing the bulbs yet and the access roads that runs behind some of the homes. Knowing that this was going to happen I purchased a mist filter for my camera to help cut back of the sharp harsh LED light. It worked well except on the streets that were overwhelmed by lights. I like a good challenge when it comes to photography but this situation is only going to get worse as more of these lights are installed.






Comments

Popular Posts