Keeping It Simple

  Bob’s Diner has done something I wasn’t expecting; my wish to seek out other diners. Over the last 4 years I’ve been to over 40 different diners and have taken snapshots in just about all of them but for now I only want to go to Bob’s. Ok, if I’m out of town like a few weeks ago when I was in New York City I’ll go to whatever diner I’m near but for right now it’s all about one diner.


  Many of the other diners have either closed or have adapted into something else. I would become more depressed every time I found out that another one closed. While I promised myself that I wouldn’t become attached to just one diner again after the closing of Little Pete's, but Bob’s slowly won me over. I love the food, the untouched interior that’s over 70 years old and the staff who have never been anything else but nice to me. If I could dig a tunnel between my house and the diner I would.

There are little things that I have to find a way to photograph like the diner’s manufacturer nameplate and serial number. The great pull handles on the interior doors. The holes in the metal trim where each table at one time had a juke box. It seems simple but shiny metal when using a camera’s flash can be difficult but I’m sure I’ll figure it out.


If going to Bob’s wasn’t already a comforting experience people are now going to the diner looking for me and wanting their photo taken in the diner. I love when this happens as it also happened at Little Pete’s and it began to happen at Mid Town III diner before they abruptly closed a few years ago.


I visit the diner twice a week. On Thursdays with Natasha and on Sundays which has always been my favorite diner day since the 24 hour diner is no longer an option around Philadelphia. I wish I could increase my visits to 3 or 4 times a week.



Comments

Popular Posts