TV Dinner and The Nudes

  “TV Dinner” 2022

   Acrylic on 14x18 canvas

   Finished up my latest canvas painting this week and I’m wait for an idea for my next one. The time has given me the time to think about isms. A few have asked me if my paintings fell under Impressionism, post Impressionism, Realism, etc. Personally I don’t know what movement I would put them in. Maybe Un-Realism or Non-Impressionism but after reading a couple of articles it seems that there hasn’t been any isms in the 21st century, no new movements with only bad trends were an art critic would use the word “zombie” in front of which ever style was mentioned. In the 20th century there was a new art movement every ten years but I’m not expecting one anytime soon in this contemporary obsessed country.

 Right after finishing “TV Diner” I was cleaning up my tiny work area which is around 6x7’ where I also edit, print and store photography prints and supplies. I found a few sheets of mixed media paper and a tray of dried watercolor paint. I wanted to paint something different so I decided to due some nudes.

Nudes

Watercolor and marker on 9x12 paper.

I’ve never painted a nude before and I found it to be a nice challenge. Just working with an old paint tray of watercolor paint and a sharpie marker it was interesting to see the results. I might paint a few more or move onto another subject until I begin my next canvas.




Comments

Popular Posts