Bob's, Bob's, Bob's

  It was an interesting week at Bob's. There were a lot of first time customers which is a good thing for the diner and for the photographer too.

                                                                               Photo 214


I like trying to decipher the waitresses handwriting.

Photo 215


A lot more couples have been showing up lately and they return the following week to see their photos in my album. 

Photo 216


I get excited by customers, specially regulars who get enthusiastic about me documenting the diner. Like me they see an importance to it.

Photo 217


Every once in a while I have to photograph myself as it relaxes the customers who are hesitant to having their own photo taken.

Photo 218


Most of the under 35 crowd look uncomfortable in diners. Almost like they're at the doctors office. It brightens my day at Bob's to find one so happy and talkative. 

Photo 219


On Sunday I ran into a new customer who as a former Manhattanite fondly remembers all the diners I use to frequent that are now long gone.

Photo 220









 




Comments

Popular Posts