Tens and Tens of Followers

 Week two update on my Instagram experiment as a tool for artists. 

  I'm at a loss for an adjective that describes just how bad this experiment is proceeding and I'm not expecting a change anytime soon. It took me 14 days to reach 55 followers (now 54 followers), actually I was at 59 followers before people began to disappear. A trend began to emerge a week ago when a few people would begin to follow me around 11pm and by the time I woke the next day they already unfollowed. These people are like the "friend collectors" on facebook but they're no big loss with most being selfie and bikini whores, scammers, or half the country of India. Sadly there are a few photographers who try this method to gain a social media presence but I'm only interested in people who are genuinely interested in this portfolio of work. 



Comments

Popular Posts