Sleep, Sale and Escape

   I've never been a good sleeper and on any given year I might have a handful of nights where I get a decent amount of sleep. Even as a teenager when my friends would sleep until the afternoon on weekends, I would be up and out of the house by 9am. Moving through my 20s and 30s I could easily stay up for 48 hours at a time but as I moved into my 40s things began to change. Long bouts of insomnia lessoned and I began what I call zombie sleep where it takes me an hour or more to fall asleep but I actually never sleep. An aging prostate doesn't help matters. It continues to this day.

  Next week I'll be launching a large art sale for the holidays that will span almost every photography portfolio and series of paintings. I've done these holiday sales in the past but self-promotion is something I now loath even if it's necessity. I have no more room for paintings and my photography archival boxes are everywhere from under my bed, stuffed into my closet and are piled on every flat surface in my tiny stdio room.

  I've been dreaming of starting over someplace new, someplace less populated, someplace without the aggravation of being near an urban core, or more accurately, the new urban which is anything but. I need to eliminate more stress from my life as well as escape from toxic people and their petty crap that they spread outwards like an atomic blast. The world has become a very noisy place and I wish for silence.

Untitled Life #7





Comments

Popular Posts