531

  This morning at Bob's Diner I took my 531st snapshot. As I print out two copies of this photo, an 8.5x11" for my archive and a second 4x6 photo for the large photo album that I carry to the diner with me, I'm wondering if this project will ever end and for now I can say that it won't. Ok, two things can stop it. Me ceasing to exist and the diner ceasing to exist. 

  I feel that the continuation of this project and the documenting of this culture, a piece of rapidly dying Americana is extremely important. I like round numbers and right now I won't feel comfortable until I reach a minimum of 1000 photos, but even then I'll start thinking of 2000 photos, then 3000. Who knows how this will all end and that thought does keep me up at night.

Donna, Bob's Diner, Philadelphia 2024



Comments

Popular Posts