The Untitled Art Life

  It's been a week since I've given up painting and I'm still trying to come to terms with it. It was by no means an easy decision to make because after all, it was something I've done since 1991 and I enjoyed doing it up until a month ago. The stress of getting ideas out of my head onto a physical medium, the watching of work piling up in my small house, no longer having an audience outside of my photography, and the growing cost of supplies all became too much so I had to make a choice, painting or photography. I chose photography.

  I can not express this enough, it was not an easy thing to do and my mood since then swings between anger and depression. What it has done is given me time to think about how I want to proceed with my photography and my decision to eliminate color from my future photography. 

  Besides a couple of ongoing projects I've begun to think about different ideas for black and white photography, to slowly expand into artistic photography. To try new things on the side as a way to cleanse my palate while I'm between projects or to occupy the time I would have spent painting.



Comments

Popular Posts