Pastorius Park

  Since the beginning of the new year I've been thinking about where I want to focus my photography in 2024. I knew I was going to resume my work at Devil's Pool once the warm weather returned, and that intermittently I would be taking my nighttime "Sleepwalking" photos, but I was looking for something new, something to get me out of the house. I even gave thought to returning to my old neighborhood to photograph the changes but I know that would only bring on frustration and depression while offering no challenge. I also wanted something closer to home so I've chosen a neighborhood park.
  Pastorius Park in the Chestnut Hill neighborhood of Philadelphia is a quiet one square block oasis but there's also a semi-quiet battle going on between a fair amount of people who let their dogs run amuck and those looking for solitude on a blanket or resting on a bench. To be clear it's illegal to have a dog off the leash and signs are clearly posted. As of now I believe I want to document people using the park in other ways besides an oversized gathering for dogs, but I know that it will be impossible to avoid that subject matter entirely. 







  

Comments

Popular Posts