Sunday


I decided to stay in Chestnut Hill today and not venture into center city. The weather proved to be lousy for most of the day and when there's a threat of cool weather and rain you can bet that the city will be dead and the few wandering outside will be miserable. Still I have a bit of anxiety and guilt for not going because I'm enjoying my new method for street photography and I hate to think that I missed an opportunity. But today was not a total loss. I found a great little diner that you would never guess was a diner from the way it looks from the outside right on Philadelphia's border. Even better is that it's at an entrance to Philadelphia's massive Wissahickon Park. After breakfast I went for a long walk with a friend of mine and my anxiety slowly went away but the guilt of me not going to center city remained. On top of that I had to switch from a black and white mindset to color. Maybe tomorrow I'll take the train into the city.


Comments

  1. Bad weather-one would think there ´d be one or two interesting characters out on the streets, people who have nowhere to go, and fewer hipsters. Maybe. Is that woffles on that plate? Looks like a really nice Sunday, after all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. tommi linna, Yes that's my friend Matt eating waffles.
    Every year it seems that there are less people on the street when the weather is less than perfect. There was a time when true urban residents would go out in 3 feet of snow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don´t want the weather to ruin your expensive smartphone ...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts