Bob's Diner and Learning From One's Mistakes

 It's been almost a decade since I began documenting the now closed Little Pete's diner and I now look back on that project with some regret. That regret comes from not taking nearly enough photos and documenting every little thing about the place I considered my second home. I changed cameras a couple of times and even began the project first in black and white before deciding that color was the best choice.

 I've been taking snapshots in more than 30 different diners over the last 4 years but more recently my focus has mostly been on Bob's Diner in the Roxborough neighborhood in Philadelphia. There's a lot of differences between the former Little Pete's and Bob's but my goal is still the same and learning from my past mistake of not taking enough photos I now try to photograph just about everything rather than regret not taking the photos later on. As for the camera I stopped thinking about it and choose a simple Canon G2 4 megapixel camera from the year 2001. Well, simple now because in 2001 the camera sold for $900 while today they can found used for $25. People are less intimidated by this little camera that some mistake for a film camera. Also by carrying around a photo album with 100 prints seems to open people up about having their photo taken.





















Comments

Popular Posts