Back To The Canvas

 It's been almost seven months since I've painted on canvas and for me that's a long time. At the time I was working on a series of 14x18" paintings when I fell into a slump. I struggled trying to begin a new canvas while trying stay away from obvious urban themes. For someone who works off of momentum it was pure torture and I came to a grinding halt. In the mean time I began working on a new photography project, continued on-going ones and painted a few hundred watercolor portraits on paper but all the while I couldn't get the idea of returning to that body of canvas work out of my mind.

 While looking thru my diner snapshots I kept coming back to a photo of an older woman dishwasher that intrigued me. She had such interesting features and mannerisms I knew she was going to be my next painting. So over the last week I set up a canvas and acrylic paints and got to work. I'm so happy with the results that I'm ready to keep up the momentum and start my next canvas but hitting that wall again is always on my mind.

Woman Dishwasher 2022
Acrylic on 14x18" Canvas



Comments

Popular Posts