Hell Is Other People
With every passing month I become more reclusive. For someone who spent most of his life roaming around the streets, alleys and subways of a city this might seem strange. Hell, for 15 years I even tended bar in lounges and nightclubs. But over the last decade and a half the monumental change in people and the city has changed; and not for the better. I can spew out a dozen or so adjectives to describe city life today but “HYPER-NORMAL” is the one I now use the most.
Besides speaking to a few people in my neighborhood who are considered misfits or weirdos by the Hyper-Normals, almost all my in person conversations happens at Bob’s Diner.
I know that 25 year old Michael would never consider becoming a recluse but now going on 55 it seems like the most viable option to rid oneself from what’s now a very noisy insipid world. As an artist I’ve wondered how this will effect me, especially as a photographer, but I’m sure the painter in me will love it. With the photo I posted a couple days ago it’s time for me to focus on a more personal project, at least for the next 5 or 6 months. I love the Fall and Winter because there’s less people.

Comments
Post a Comment